2011年7月22日星期五

You're very pessimistic, Jacob

I left out the part about how that wouldn't be necessary this time.

Struggling to make my voice softer, I asked, "Remember when I got mangled up by those newborns?
What did you tell me?" Rosetta Stone Software


I waited, but she wouldn't answer. She pressed her lips together.

"You told me to be good and listen to Carlisle," I reminded her. "And what did I do? I listened to the
vampire. For

you."

"You listened because it was the right thing to do."

"Okay—pick either reason."




Page 111


Generatedby ABC Amber LIT Converter,

Rosetta Stone Japanese



She took a deep breath. "It's not the right thing now." Her gaze touched her big round stomach and she
whispered under her breath, "I won't kill him."

My hands shook again. "Oh, I hadn't heard the great news. A bouncing baby boy, huh? Shoulda brought
some blueballoons."

Her face turned pink. The color was so beautiful—it twisted in my stomach like a knife. A serrated
knife, rusty and ragged.

I was going to lose this. Again.

"I don't know he's a boy," she admitted, a little sheepish. "The ultrasound wouldn't work. The membrane
around the baby is too hard—like their skin. So he's a little mystery. But I always see a boy in my head."

"It's not some pretty baby in there, Bella."

"We'll see," she said. Almost smug. Rosetta Stone language


"You won't," I snarled.

"You're very pessimistic, Jacob. There is definitely a chance that I might walk away from this."

没有评论:

发表评论